Pools Open Updated 9/8/20
The Freeman Fitness Center Indoor Pool is closed for HVAC repairs until further notice.
The Fitness Center Outdoor Pool is open 10 am to 6 pm and closes for the season once the HVAC issues in the Indoor Pool are fixed.
Tennis Pool 4 (Aquatic Center) is open from 7 am to 7 pm until the HVAC issues at the Freeman Fitness Center Indoor Pool are resolved, then it will be open from 10 am to 6 pm until October 18.
7-8:45 am - Lap Swim
8:45-10 am - Water Aerobics
10 am-7 pm - 1/2 Lap, 1/2 Open Swim
Saturday & Sunday
7-9 am - Lap Swim
9 am-7 pm - 1/2 Lap, 1/2 Open Swim
Ocean Pool 3 is open from 10 am to 6 pm until September 27
The Edgewater Indoor Pool
Open 8 am to 8 pm
Friday-Saturday 8 am to 10 pm
Sunday 8 am to 6 pm.
Closed for maintenance September 21-25.
When lightning and thunder are present, pools must close and may reopen 30 minutes after the storm passes. All pools will be disinfected every two hours, which takes about 15 minutes, and during that time, the pools are closed and patrons must leave the area with their belongings.
There are health and safety modifications for the Freeman Fitness Center, the Indoor Pool and the Outdoor Pool. Please review the following guidelines:
Review the Pool Schedule for more details.
Thanks for your cooperation, patience and support of Sea Colony's interest in your health and safety.
There are 12 pools on Sea Colony property usually available for swimming and relaxing. The two indoor pools at Freeman Fitness Center and Edgewater have hot tubs and saunas for guests 18 years and older to enjoy. All ocean pools and west side pools are heated. There are Kiddie pools located at Ocean Pool (OP) 3, OP4, OP5, Tennis Pool (T)1, T2, and T4. Aquatic Center T4 also has a 25-meter lap lane. Please note that swim diapers are not allowed in the main pool at T4. Adult swim may be requested at the top of each hour at all outdoor pools.
At this time, we are following the guidelines set by the State of Delaware and Sea Colony. Please use the hand sanitizer available at the entrance to the pool. The guidelines are:
• We are limiting occupancy in pools; admittance is first come, first served.
• All pools will be closed and disinfected approximately every 2 hours on the hour. All patrons must exit with their belongings prior to cleaning. See Pool Schedule for times.
• An orange flag flying by the entrance means the pool capacity is full. The area where the waiting line starts will be designated by an orange cone. If waiting is necessary, please respect social distancing and stay 6 feet from anyone not in your household.
• The baby pool is limited to one family at a time. If there is another family waiting, please be respectful and limit your time.
• Please practice social distancing guidelines at all times with anyone not in your household, including when you are in the water.
• It is suggested anyone older than 12 years wear a mask when not in the water; however, masks are not permitted while in the pool.
• Absolutely no reserving furniture at any time. Items left will be discarded.
HOURS OF OPERATION AND ADULT SWIMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO
WEATHER CONDITIONS, POOL MAINTENANCE, AND SPECIAL EVENTS/ACTIVITIES.
Please check with your lifeguard for any changes in your Pool schedule.
At this time, we are following the guidelines set by the State of Delaware and Sea Colony to practice health and safety measures. Until modifications are made by Delaware Governor Carney, beach and pool programs will not be offered.
Your patience and cooperation are appreciated.
The Aquatics Department employs Red Cross Certified Lifeguards, who are certified in Lifeguarding and First Aid, as well as C.P.R. and A.E.D. for the Professional Rescuer. Certifications are available on-site from Sea Colony's certified instructors.
Interested in becoming a Sea Colony Lifeguard?
This could be your best summer ever! Being a lifeguard provides an opportunity to work with great people and form lifelong friendships.
American Red Cross Certification
Free Use of Fitness Center and Lap Pools