Sea Colony is following the State of Delaware State of Emergency mandates. During Phase I of the reopening, strict health and safety precautions are in place and are open for Delaware residents ONLY (per Governor Carney). Starting May 23, the following outdoor pools will be open from 10 am to 6 pm: Ocean Pool 3, Ocean Pool 5, and Tennis Pool 4 (Aquatic Center). The Edgewater Indoor Pool and the Freeman Fitness Center Indoor Pool also will be open from 10 am to 6 pm. When lightning and thunder are present, pools must close and may reopen 30 minutes after the storm ends. All pools will be disinfected every 2 hours, which takes about 15 minutes, and during that time, the pools are closed and patrons must leave the area.
Review the Pool Schedule for more details. Thanks for your cooperation.
There are 12 pools on Sea Colony property available for swimming and relaxing. The two indoor pools at Freeman Fitness Center and Edgewater have hot tubs and saunas for guests 18 years and older to enjoy. All ocean pools and west side pools are heated. There are Kiddie pools located at Ocean Pool (OP)3, OP4, OP5, Tennis Pool (T)1, T2, and T4. Aquatic Center T4 also has a 25-meter lap lane. Please note that swim diapers are not allowed in the main pool at T4. Adult swim may be requested at the top of each hour at all outdoor pools.
At this time, we are following the guidelines set by the State of Delaware and Sea Colony. Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance to the pool. The guidelines are:
• We are limiting occupancy in pools; admittance is first come, first served.
• All pools will be closed and disinfected every 2 hours. All patrons must exit with their belongings prior to cleaning. See Pool Schedule for times.
• An orange flag flying by the entrance means the pool capacity is full. The area where the waiting line starts will be designated by an orange cone. If waiting is necessary, please respect social distancing and stay 6 feet from anyone not in hour household.
• The baby pool is limited to one family at a time. If there is another family waiting, please be respectful and limit your time.
• Please practice social distancing guidelines at all times with anyone not in your household, including when you are in the water.
• It is suggested anyone older than 12 years wear a mask when not in the water; however, masks are not permitted while in the pool.
• Absolutely no reserving furniture at any time. Items left will be discarded.
HOURS OF OPERATION AND ADULT SWIMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO
WEATHER CONDITIONS, POOL MAINTENANCE, AND SPECIAL EVENTS/ACTIVITIES.
Please check with your lifeguard for any changes in your Pool schedule.
At this time, we are following the guidelines set by the State of Delaware and Sea Colony to practice health and safety measures. Until modifications are made by Delaware Governor Carney, beach and pool programs will not be offered.
Your patience and cooperation are appreciated.
The Aquatics Department employs Red Cross Certified Lifeguards, who are certified in Lifeguarding and First Aid, as well as C.P.R. and A.E.D. for the Professional Rescuer. Certifications are available on-site from Sea Colony's certified instructors.
Interested in becoming a Sea Colony Lifeguard?
This could be your best summer ever! Being a lifeguard provides an opportunity to work with great people and form lifelong friendships.
American Red Cross Certification
Free Use of Fitness Center and Lap Pools