WiFi is Available in Sea Colony
WiFi is available to Sea Colony owners, guests and renters throughout the resort. In addition to WiFi in each unit, there is also WiFi at the beach, pools, Promenade, tennis and fitness centers. Also, as a Comcast user, you have access to WiFi hotspots in Sea Colony as well as all of the areas in the U.S. served by Comcast.
In the Sea Colony community, you will see different WiFi connections available:
• In-unit WiFi: Requires the user to have the WiFi password, available only in your unit
• Community Xfinity: Use your owner Xfinity account login, or a guest account (30 days), available at common areas (beach, pools, Promenade, tennis and fitness centers)
• Xfinitywifi: Use your owner Xfinity account login, or a one hour guest account, at WiFi hotspots throughout our community, as well as all the areas in the U.S. served by Comcast;
• Xfinity: A more secure version of Xfinitywifi, only for owners with a Comcast Xfinity account, and where available.
To connect, please do the following:
Instructions for Owners
It is best to use your Xfinity user ID and password. If you have not set up an Xfinity user ID and password, you can go to https://my.xfinity.com/ to set up an account.
To connect your PC
The instructions can can be found at
For your mobile devices
(smart phones and tablets)
Use the Xfinity Connect App on your device.
The app can be found at http://wifi.xfinity.com/#connect_block.
Once you connect using your Xfinity user ID and password on your PC or by using the Xfinity Connect App,
you will automatically be connected throughout the common areas Beach, Pools, Promenade, Tennis and Fitness centers) to
Community Xfinity, or Xfinitywifi, whichever is available.
Instructions for Guests and Renters
While your guests or renters are in the unit:
If you left instructions for connecting to your unit’s WiFi, then your guests or renters should follow those instructions.
If you have not left instructions in your unit, they can do the following:
Turn on the main TV that has a voice remote;
Wait until you see a channel program;
Click the microphone button and say “What is my WiFi;”
On the screen will be displayed the WiFi name and WiFi password.
If you are given an “Error” or “No WiFi found,” your guests or renters will need to contact you for the instructions.
While your guests or renters are at common areas
(Beach, Pools, Promenade, Tennis and Fitness Centers):
On the device, search for a WiFi provider; Select “Community Xfinity;”
If they do not have a home Xfinity account, they will need to select On-Demand Pass;
Follow the instructions for connecting.
If you or your guests and/or renters have further questions, they can go to
Bulk Equipment Included:
Please leave this equipment in your unit at all times, even if you have sold your unit
1 DVR (Usually in Living Room)
2 DTAs (digital television adapters)
1 Comcast Modem with built-in Wi-Fi
3 Comcast Remotes
Contact Information from Comcast
If you are connected to Xfinity and you have a question regarding your services please call the dedicated service center at 855.638.2855. Please have your account number ready for the Comcast team to better assist you with questions such as:
• Service not working
• Did not receive correct amount of equipment
• Need help setting up online account
• Need help changing or adding services, or other questions.
If you need to obtain your account number, please call 855-638-2855 with:
• Your name,
• Sea Colony mailing address
• A valid email address.
You will receive an email with your Xfinity account number.
If you are NOT connected to Xfinity, please call 855-638-2855 to order services and have:
• Your name
• Sea Colony mailing address
• A valid email address.
You will receive an email by the next business day as to the next steps.
If you are NOT connected to Xfinity and you want to port your existing telephone number please call
• Your Mediacom or Verizon account number
• The telephone number you want ported (transferred),
• Your Sea Colony address,
• The best contact number and you will receive a call to setup the port.
The Comcast FAQ can be found here.
The Comcast Tips for new users can be found here.
How to find your WiFi name and Password can be found here.
The Comcast Channel Line-up can be found here.
Additional Comcast services and prices can be found here.
If you would like to chat online with Comcast their site can be found here.
Sea Colony Process Regarding Xfinity Service for Owners Selling/Buying a unit
Bulk Services Number (855) 638-2855
1. When the Seller determines a move-out date, or the date they will disconnect their Xfinity service, they will call Comcast Bulk Center of Excellence at (855) 638-2855 and provide the disconnect date.
2. The Seller can leave old Xfinity equipment in the unit and tech ops will pick up during the Buyer install appointment and take it with them.
3. The Buyer will also call the Comcast Bulk Center of Excellence at (855) 638-2855 after the Seller provides a disconnect date and can set up a professional install at no charge.
4. If the new Buyer is unable to be on site to let the technician into the unit for a professional installation, the buyer can contact Sea Colony Property Management to release a key for Comcast.
Helpful Hints for Owners
If this is the first time you are in your unit since your installation was performed, you may need to reboot your Comcast equipment. If you need to reboot please do so in the following order:
Reboot the cable modem first, wait 5 minutes
Reboot the DVR, which should be connected to your main TV, wait 5 minutes
Reboot the smaller cable boxes attached to the other TVs
If there are any technical issues (i.e. remote, WiFi or TV not working), it's best if you contact Comcast at
855-638-2855. They will ask for your account number.
To create your account, you will need to have an email address or cell phone number associated with your account. If you did not set up your account with an email address or cell phone, please call Comcast at
855-638-2855 to add your email address and/or cell phone to your Comcast account.
OWNERS PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING
Do not turn off the power to the Comcast boxes for an extended period of time (i.e., a week). If the equipment is without power for an extended period of time, you will need to call Comcast to get them activated.
If you rent your unit its necessary for you to enable a Purchase PIN and Application Pin on your Comcast devices in your unit to prevent renters from making charges on your Comcast Account.
Comcast is not able to set either remotely as the steps have to be performed on each DVR that is in your unit.
Once you have setup your pin to enable "Whats my WiFi" to work perform the following:
Select the Application Locks at the bottom of the screen This will list all of the applications that are locked as a result of setting the Parental PIN
Scroll down to Xfinity xfi and highlight it
Click the OK button on your remote this will unlock the lock that the parental PIN created for your WIFI info
Click exit on your remote to leave the screen
If you have any questions that are not answered by the FAQ above, please send an email to email@example.com.